The Nomads BusAka Jumbo George
What difference will your contribution make?
- By joining the bus, you not just choose for an adventurous & unique holiday, but you’re also voting for a travel organization that’s aware about its ecological footprint.
- We want to challenge ourselves to do what we love in the most conscious way possible. We are taking responsibility for our actions and make this journey not only fun, but also a sustainable one, so our grandchildren will still be able to enjoy riding knee-deep pow!
- This project is not about make a huge profit; it’s mainly out of the love for the mountains and all the activities nature has to offer us, like snowboarding and skiing. All profits will be reinvested in the project and/or donated to mountain sustainability projects.
- The Nomads Bus is sponsored by brands that create their products with an enormous love for the sport. It’s time to choose products not for their big brand name but because they are made out of passion for skiing/snowboarding.
- This project is 100% carbon neutral. We reduce what we can and offset what we can’t by neutralising our emissions through a non-profit offsetting company, Carbonfund.org.
These are the most important eco-features of the bus.
insulation: Doschawol® is made 100% out of sheep wool and does not contain any chemicals or fire-retardants. Animal keratin is a renewable, ecological and secondary resource, causing Doschawol to have a very low impact on the environment. We have chosen this type of insulation because of its moist regulating capacities, which will come in handy when traveling in areas with extreme cold or warm temperatures. We got our wool at Ecomat, an amazing Belgian company specialized in everything that has to do with Eco-friendly constructing.
We neutralise our emissions through a non-profit offsetting company, Carbonfund.
Carbonfund.org is leading the fight against global warming, making it easy and affordable for any individual, business or organization to reduce & offset their climate impact and hasten the transition to a clean energy future. The company achieves its goals through:
- Climate change education
- Carbon offsets and reductions
- Public outreach
Reduce what you can, offset what you can’t™
We encourage everyone to continually strive to reduce their carbon footprint through sensible energy reductions combined with cost-effective carbon offsets to eliminate their overall carbon footprint.