The Nomads BusAka Jumbo George
What difference will your contribution make?
- By joining the bus, you not just choose for an adventurous & unique holiday, but you’re also voting for a travel organization that’s aware about its ecological footprint.
- We want to challenge ourselves to do what we love in the most conscious way possible. We are taking responsibility for our actions and make this journey not only fun, but also a sustainable one, so our grandchildren will still be able to enjoy riding knee-deep pow!
- This project is not about make a huge profit; it’s mainly out of the love for the mountains and all the activities nature has to offer us, like snowboarding and skiing. All profits will be reinvested in the project and/or donated to mountain sustainability projects.
- The Nomads Bus is sponsored by brands that create their products with an enormous love for the sport. It’s time to choose products not for their big brand name but because they are made out of passion for skiing/snowboarding.
- This project is 100% carbon neutral. We reduce what we can and offset what we can’t by neutralising our emissions through a non-profit offsetting company, Carbonfund.org.
These are the most important eco-features of the bus.
insulation: Doschawol® is made 100% out of sheep wool and does not contain any chemicals or fire-retardants. Animal keratin is a renewable, ecological and secondary resource, causing Doschawol to have a very low impact on the environment. We have chosen this type of insulation because of its moist regulating capacities, which will come in handy when traveling in areas with extreme cold or warm temperatures. We got our wool at Ecomat, an amazing Belgian company specialized in everything that has to do with Eco-friendly constructing.
We neutralise our CO2 emissions in collaboration with Cool Effect, a non-profit organisation which focusses on real projects that help to reduce to CO2 we produce with our hostel on wheels.
WHAT DOES THE COOL EFFECT WEBSITE STAND FOR?
“Carbon Offsetting Done Correctly”
Every international carbon standard requires a project to provide and prove measurements based on peer-approved scientific methodologies. This documentation is reviewed by two independent Technical Advisory Committees. Cool Effect verifies, once more, the work of these Committees as well as validates the financial durability of the project.
This process guarantees projects that are scientifically and financially strong and ethically sound. It also guarantees that our projects are 100% additional—which means that the reduction in carbon emissions would not have happened under any other circumstances.
A mission to reduce carbon emissions.
Combining science, expertise, and transparency, Cool effect is creating a community built around one simple vision: give people the power and confidence to band together and reduce the carbon pollution that causes climate change.
Check it out here if you want to contribute: www.cooleffect.org